EFFECTIVE DATE: 5 May 2019
2. Data Controller
The Company provides the Website to Users from a range of countries, and, we act as our own Data Controller as defined in Article 4 of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and our details can be found on the contact us portion of Website.
3. What Information do we collect
The Company collects information at various times whilst you make use of the Website, including when your account is created, usage and device information.
The following information is collected by and on behalf of The Company:
- User Account: We collect information when you create or update your User Account. This may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address.
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preference to receive marketing information, newsletters and so forth from us.
- Browser Data is data concerning your browser language, IP address, time and date of visit, your browser version and platform and so forth, for statistical, security and legal purposes.
- Data Concerning Scams: When you submit the details of a scam, the data is compiled and summarised into points, for ease of reference for the benefit of other Users.
- Information from Other Services, Including Social Networks: We provide you with the possibility to create a User Account with your profile on another website such as Google and Facebook.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Media. If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
4. How is your personal data collected?
- Information obtained directly from you. Most of your personal data is collected from the information that you provide us with when accessing the Website and opening a User Account. We also collect data when requests are made for marketing information or you contact us.
- Information we obtain from interaction with the Website. As you interact with the Website we can collect technical data concerning how you interact with same, for example, IP addresses, geographical location and your usage of the Website. This information assists the Company in providing the best possible service to you.
5. How we use your information
The Company collects and uses the information to maximize Website delivery and ensure that you are aware of the full suite of available services. We also use the information we collect for: customer support, research & development, legal proceedings, maintaining the website security. We will not sell your information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, however, if a 3rd party website was used to locate or access the site, such as Google and Facebook and so forth it may use your personal information for targeted advertisements or marketing communications which may be of interest to you.
- Providing Access to the Websites and Features
The Company uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve the Website. This includes using the information to:
- Create and update your User Account.
- Verify your identity.
2. Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Website and Users by, for example, detecting and preventing any fraudulent or malicious activity and make sure that everyone is using the Website fairly, and, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
3. Provide Customer Support
The Company uses the information we collect to assist you when you contact our customer support services which are used to investigate and address your concerns; monitor and improve our customer support responses.
4. Communications from The Company
The Company may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events.
You may receive some of these communications based on your User Account and the activation to receive marketing materials from the Company. EU Users have the right to elect not to receive the above-mentioned communications from us.
5. Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of The Website, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
6. Cookies and Third-party Technologies
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
7. Information Sharing, Disclosure, and Third Parties
In order to support our operations, we rely on several third-party service providers, to help us with various services such as payment processing, web audience analysis, cloud hosting, marketing, and communication, etc.
The following table indicates which third-party service providers are being used and for what purpose.
Personal Data Shared
|Gravatar||Access to Gravatar System||Anonymized string created from an email address|
|WP Sifu||Web Hosting Services||IP addresses and related data|
Should the website be accessed from any 3rd party site your personal information, may be used with targeted advertisements and marketing information to market and advertise products and services which may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can also find more information on how Google Analytics uses your data at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
For reference purposes you can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
8. Information Retention and Deletion
The Company maintains your personal information for the entire period that you maintain an account with The Company, and, following the request to delete same then it is deleted immediately by The Company, to the extent that it is not legally obligated to retain same.
The Company requires information contained on your User Account in order to provide access to the items marketed on the Website, and retains such information for as long as you maintain your User Account. We also store the personal information you provide in your User Account. All Users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
The Company retains certain information, including transaction, location, device and usage information, f of a User Account in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance and other requirements in the places in which it operates. Comments and metadata are retained indefinitely, so, that we may recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Once such information is no longer necessary to the Company for any reason, including to enable customer support, enhance the User experience or other operational purposes, The Company takes steps to prevent access to or use of such information for any purpose other than compliance with these requirements or for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection.
You may request the transfer or deletion of your User Account, or any comments left, at any time by contacting: [email protected]
Following such request, The Company deletes the information that it is not required to retain for the Website, however, deletion of your User Account will result in automatic termination of your access to the Website. In certain circumstances, The Company may be unable to delete your User Account, such as if there is an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, The Company will delete your User Account as described above.
The Company may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing Users’ safety and security. For example, if The Company shuts down a User Account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, The Company may retain certain information about that account to prevent that User from opening a new The Company account in the future.
9. Special Information for European Users
Effective May 25, 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
The Company shall act as its own data processor.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
We are obligated to collect and use your personal information as a result of:
Processing of Personal Information is Necessary
The processing of personal information is necessary for The Company to provide access to the Website as User Account information is necessary to establish and maintain your account, including verifying the identity of the User, so that we may communicate with you.
Legal Obligations of The Company
The Company is subject to a range of legal requirements in the jurisdictions in which the Website is accessed, which, would accordingly require us to collect, disclose and process your personal information where there is any contravention of any law, or where we are required to meet a legal obligation imposed on us by any governmental authority.
- you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time, and, we shall only use your information as statutorily required of us due to any legal obligation arising from any legislation or international treaty, and, upon request, we shall further you with particulars concerning the precise nature of the legal obligation. You are also notified that withdrawal of your consent to store any information necessary for the User’s access to the Website will result in your use of the Website being discontinued. This expressly excludes where consent to use personal information for marketing purposes is withdrawn.
11. Do not track
Please note that we do not alter the website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
12. Force Majeure
13. Contact us
You can find all of our contact information here.