How it works:
- Violent crime (UNODC’s stats):
- Victims of intentional homicide per 100,000 inhabitants per year: 0.9 (2016) vs global average: 8.2 (2016), Asia average: 2.3 (2016).
- Rebel groups in Yemen have threatened to target neighbouring countries including UAE with drones and missiles.
- No recent major history though threat exists.
- Civil unrest:
- Demonstrations rarely occur.
What to do:
- In general:
- Stay alert, avoid secluded areas, travelling alone at night and flaunting valuables.
- Monitor local media in case of terrorist threats and civil unrest.