How it works:
- Traffic fatality rate (WHO’s data):
- 8.9 per 100,000 inhabitants per year
- #132 highest globally (relatively safe) – 2015 World Health Organization (WHO) report
- Watch out for:
- Unmarked and unlit roads with roaming animals in rural areas.
- May encounter reckless driving behaviour.
- Traffic congestion.
- Severe rainfall or snowfall may cause roads to be impassable.
What to do:
- Check the latest media reports and weather forecast.
- Stay alert, wear seatbelts, keep doors locked and windows up.