How it works:
- Violent crime (UNODC’s stats):
- Victims of intentional homicide per 100,000 inhabitants per year: 3.2 (2016) vs global average: 8.2 (2016), Asia average: 2.3 (2016).
- Unexploded landmines along Thai-Cambodia border.
- Regular attacks in the south.
- In 2016, there were also small scale bombings at tourist areas across Thailand.
- Civil unrest:
- Demonstrations are banned but may still occur.
What to do:
- In general:
- Stay alert, avoid secluded areas, travelling alone at night and flaunting valuables.
- Monitor local media in case of terrorist threats and civil unrest.