How it works:
- Prone to earthquakes and tsunamis
- Rainy season:
- May cause flooding and landslides especially around lakes and caves
- May to October: north and central Thailand
- November to March: Koh Samui and southeast Thailand
What to do:
- Travel at the “right” time to the “right” place
- Reacting to one:
- Earthquakes: drop (to hands and knees), cover (head and neck with arms), hold on (to sturdy furniture); expect aftershocks.
- Tsunamis: signs include abnormal ocean activity and load roars. Get to a high ground as far inland as possible.