How it works:
- Traffic fatality rate (WHO’s data):
- 6.8 per 100,000 inhabitants per year
- #146 highest globally (very safe) – 2015 World Health Organization (WHO) report
- Watch out for:
- Congested city traffic.
- Many scooters which weave in and out of traffic.
- Mountain roads are windy and narrow
- Other transport:
- Rail and bus network are well developed, affordable, convenient and safe
What to do:
- Check the latest media reports and weather forecast.
- Stay alert, wear seatbelts, keep doors locked and windows up.
- World Health Organization (WHO) – Global Status Report on Road Safety (2015)
- U.S. Department of State travel advisory
- UK Government foreign travel advice
- Government of Canada travel advisory
- Australia Government travel advice