How it works:
- Earthquakes and tsunamis: in an active seismic zone.
- Cyclones: May to November, may trigger flooding and landslides.
What to do:
- Travel at the “right” time to the “right” place
- Reacting to one:
- Earthquakes: drop (to hands and knees), cover (head and neck with arms), hold on (to sturdy furniture); expect aftershocks.
- Tsunamis: signs include abnormal ocean activity and load roars. Protect yourself from an earthquake first if there is one. Else, get to a high ground as far inland as possible.
- U.S. Department of State travel advisory
- UK Government foreign travel advice
- Government of Canada travel advisory
- Australia Government travel advice