How it works:
- Violent crime (UNODC’s stats):
- Victims of intentional homicide per 100,000 inhabitants per year: 0.5 (2016) vs global average: 8.2 (2016), Europe average: 1.5 (2016).
- No recent history.
- Civil unrest:
- Demonstrations may occur (if so, generally in areas around Kongresni Trg – Congress Square – in Ljubljana).
What to do:
- In general:
- Stay alert, avoid secluded areas, travelling alone at night and flaunting valuables.
- Monitor local media in case of terrorist threats and civil unrest.