How it works:
- Traffic fatality rate:
- 8.7 per 100,000 inhabitants per year
- #134 highest globally (relatively safe) – 2015 World Health Organization (WHO) report
- Watch out for:
- Major roads and inter-city roads are in good condition, but secondary roads tend to be unpaved, poorly lit and lack marked lanes.
- Mountainous roads when wet or covered with snow or ice.
- Wandering livestock or horse drawn carts without lights in rural areas.
What to do:
- Check the latest media reports and weather forecast.
- Stay alert, wear seatbelts, keep doors locked and windows up.