How it works:
- Avalanches: risk of avalanches in mountainous areas.
- Earthquakes: located in an active seismic zone, tremors can be common but serious earthquakes are rare.
- Floods: common in autumn and winter months (September to March).
What to do:
- Travel at the “right” time to the “right” place
- Media reports, weather forecasts
- Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System
- Romania’s General Inspectorate for Emergency Situations
- Reacting to one:
- Earthquakes: drop (to hands and knees), cover (head and neck with arms), hold on (to sturdy furniture); expect aftershocks