How it works:
- Rainy season: December to January, may trigger flooding
- Sand storm: may occur
- High temperatures (exceeding 50˚C): June to September
What to do:
- Travel at the “right” time to the “right” place
- Media reports, weather forecasts
- Reacting to one:
- Sand storm (on foot): wear a mask (or use shirt sleeve), cover eyes, seek shelter (building/landform/camel), high ground (if no lightning), don’t move through the storm.
- Sand storm (in vehicle): if no visibility, pull off road, turn headlines, brake lights and turn signals off. If can’t pull off, keep lights on, move slowly and sound horn periodically.
- U.S. Department of State travel advisory
- UK Government foreign travel advice
- Government of Canada travel advisory
- Australia Government travel advice