How it works:
- Traffic fatality rate (WHO’s data):
- 10.3 per 100,000 inhabitants per year
- Global rank of #124 (relatively safe) – 2015 World Health Organization (WHO) report
- Watch out for:
- As a major east – west transit route for transport trucks, you will see many heavy vehicles.
- Some roads between towns and cities are poorly lit, poorly surfaced and narrow.
- Many roads under maintenance during summer.
- Some drivers do not adhere to traffic rules.
- Traffic can be congested.
- May find horse – drawn and agricultural vehicles in rural areas.
What to do:
- Check the latest media reports and weather forecast.
- Stay alert, wear seatbelts, keep doors locked and windows up.