How it works:
- Traffic fatality rate (WHO’s data):
- 8.5 per 100,000 inhabitants per year
- #136 highest globally (very safe) – 2015 World Health Organization (WHO) report
- Watch out for:
- Most roads are narrow and two-lane only. Further, due to rugged terrain, there are sharp curves and steep grades.
- Mountainous roads are narrow and unpaved.
- Animals roaming the roads in rural areas.
- Other transport:
- Bus, train, ferry: easy to use and reliable
- Taxis: reliable
What to do:
- Check the latest media reports and weather forecast.
- Stay alert, wear seatbelts, keep doors locked and windows up.