How it works:
- Earthquakes: in an active seismic zone – tremors are common. The last major earthquake (7.8 magnitude) that struck was in 2015.
- Flooding, landslides: potentially during the monsson period (June to September).
What to do:
- Travel at the “right” time to the “right” place
- Reacting to one:
- Earthquakes: drop (to hands and knees), cover (head and neck with arms), hold on (to sturdy furniture); expect aftershocks
- U.S. Department of State travel advisory
- UK Government foreign travel advice
- Government of Canada travel advisory
- Australia Government travel advice