How it works:
- April to October
- Rainy season:
- June to September (southwest)
- December to April (northeast)
- Severe rainstorms can cause flooding and landslides
- Located in an active seismic zone with frequent minor earthquakes
What to do:
- Travel at the “right” time to the “right” place
- Media reports, weather forecasts
- Myanmar Department of Meteorology and Hydrology
- Reacting to one:
- Earthquakes: drop (to hands and knees), cover (head and neck with arms), hold on (to sturdy furniture; expect aftershocks.
- Cyclones: stay indoors away from windows, do not use electrical appliances/equipment, do not head out and touch debris (more injuries/deaths happen after than during).