How it works:
- Cyclone season: November to May
- Flooding, landslides: due to very high levels of rainfall
- Tsunamis: can be triggered from nearby tremors or earthquakes
What to do:
- Travel at the “right” time to the “right” place
- Reacting to one:
- Earthquakes: drop (to hands and knees), cover (head and neck with arms), hold on (to sturdy furniture; expect aftershocks.
- Tsunamis: signs include abnormal ocean activity and load roars. Protect yourself from an earthquake first if there is one. Else, get to a high ground as far inland as possible.
- Cyclones: stay indoors away from windows, do not use electrical appliances/equipment, do not head out and touch debris (more injuries/deaths happen after than during).