How it works:
- Traffic fatality rate (WHO’s data):
- 3.6 per 100,000 inhabitants per year
- #169 highest globally (very safe) – 2015 World Health Organization (WHO) report
- Watch out for:
- Crowded roads
- Aggressive driving (not maintaining a safe distance, overtaking at high speeds even on undivided two lane roads), not adhering to traffic rules (e.g. not signaling)
- Driving without lights
- Other transport:
- Security concerns with public buses, inter-city buses and settlement buses (in the West Bank), except East Jerusalem Palestinian bus system and the Jerusalem Light Rail Train
What to do:
- Check the latest media reports and weather forecast.
- Stay alert, wear seatbelts, keep doors locked and windows up.