How it works:
- Violent crime (UNODC’s stats):
- Victims of intentional homicide per 100,000 inhabitants per year: 1.2 (2016) vs global average: 8.2 (2016), Europe average: 1.5 (2016).
- May get harassed by hooligans or extremist youth groups for racial reasons.
- Potentially, refugee camps such as in Manching.
- Random violent assaults have happened before and future attacks are likely.
- Civil unrest:
- Demonstrations may occur, possibly during political significant days like German Labour Day (May 1) and during international summits hosted here.
- Influx of migrants and refugees may cause disruption to transportation services.
What to do:
- In general:
- Stay alert, avoid secluded areas, travelling alone at night and flaunting valuables.
- Monitor local media in case of terrorist threats and civil unrest.