How it works:
- Traffic fatality rate (WHO’s data):
- 4.3 per 100,000 inhabitants per year
- Global rank of #166 (very safe) – 2015 World Health Organization (WHO) report
- Watch out for:
- There are dedicated bicycle paths where bicycles travel fast and you should exercise caution if crossing as a pedestrian.
- Bicycles have right of way over vehicles when crossing into side streets.
- Depending on the situation, you may need to fit winter/snow/ice/mud tyres if driving.
What to do:
- Check the latest media reports and weather forecast.
- Stay alert, wear seatbelts, keep doors locked and windows up.