How it works:
- Traffic fatality rate (WHO’s data):
- 9.2 per 100,000 inhabitants per year
- #130 highest globally (relatively safe) – 2015 World Health Organization (WHO) report
- Watch out for:
- Some roads are small, narrow and poorly maintained. For instance, in Istria and along Adriatic coast.
- Drivers who do not adhere to the traffic laws.
What to do:
- Check the latest media reports and weather forecast.
- One good source is the Croatian Automobile Association’s road conditions and safety information.
- Stay alert, wear seatbelts, keep doors locked and windows up.