How it works:
- Earthquakes: small tremors without consequences are frequent.
- Rainy season: June to August, flooding occur in eastern and central regions.
- Forest fires: June to September in coastal areas.
What to do:
- Travel at the “right” time to the “right” place
- Media reports, weather forecasts
- Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System
- Reacting to one:
- Earthquakes: drop (to hands and knees), cover (head and neck with arms), hold on (to sturdy furniture); expect aftershocks.
- Forest fires: make yourself seen (e.g. spread out something large and bright), find shelter with little vegetation, stay low to avoid smoke.