How it works:
- Traffic fatality rate (WHO’s data):
- 23.4 per 100,000 inhabitants per year
- #56 highest globally (relatively unsafe) – 2015 World Health Organization (WHO) report
- Watch out for:
- Poor driving standards. Aggressive, speeding drivers
- Now adhering to traffic rules
- Poor road maintenance, especially non highway roads
- Other transport:
- Although the bus network is developed, there are three risks to be aware of: poorly maintained; unsafe driving practices; high crime rates.
What to do:
- Check the latest media reports and weather forecast.
- Stay alert, wear seatbelts, keep doors locked and windows up.