How it works:
- Violent crime (UNODC’s stats):
- Victims of intentional homicide per 100,000 inhabitants per year: 10.9 (2015) vs global average: 7.2 (2015), Americas average: 19.5 (2015).
- Avoid Crab Hill, St. Lucy and The Ivy, St Michael. When at night, also avoid Nelson Street, Wellington Street, and Jolly Rogers Cruises.
- Be cautious at New Orleans, Deacons, Black Rock, Pine, Carrington Village, and Green Fields.
- No recent history, but should not be taken for granted.
- Civil unrest:
- Demonstrations may occur.
What to do:
- In general:
- Stay alert, avoid secluded areas, travelling alone at night and flaunting valuables.
- Monitor local media in case of terrorist threats and civil unrest.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- U.S. Department of State travel advisory
- UK Government foreign travel advice
- Government of Canada travel advisory