How it works:
- Violent crime (UNODC’s stats): victims of intentional homicide per 100,000 inhabitants per year: 1.9 (2014) vs global average: 8.2 (2014), Americas average: 18.7 (2014).
- Hazards: n.a.
- Hotspots: n.a.
- Terrorism: no recent history, but should not be taken for granted.
- Civil unrest: demonstrations may occur.
What to do:
- Stay alert, avoid secluded areas, travelling alone at night, hiking alone, and don’t look like an easy victim (e.g. looking like a tourist/flaunting valuables).
- Take extra in San Nicolas district particularly at night.