How it works:
- Traffic fatality rate:
- 2.8 per 100,000 inhabitants per year
- #177 highest globally (very safe) – 2015 World Health Organization (WHO) report
- Watch out for:
- Snow and ice on the roads during winter
- Some roads in the North may be closed in winter
What to do:
- Check the latest media reports, weather forecast and the Swedish Transport Administration for road conditions.
- Stay alert, wear seatbelts, keep doors locked and windows up.
- World Health Organization (WHO) – Global Status Report on Road Safety (2015)
- U.S. Department of State travel advisory
- UK Government foreign travel advice
- Government of Canada travel advisory
- Australia Government travel advice