How it works:
- Traffic fatality rate (WHO’s data):
- 10.5 per 100,000 inhabitants per year
- #122 highest globally (relatively safe) – 2015 World Health Organization (WHO) report
- Watch out for:
- Roads are frequently congested
- Driver behaviour is unpredictable
- Poor driving conditions
- Other transport:
- Buses, boats: generally overcrowded and poorly maintained
What to do:
- Check the latest media reports and weather forecast.
- Stay alert, wear seatbelts, keep doors locked and windows up.
- To move around, taxis are recommended (call or use a taxi booking app).
- World Health Organization (WHO) – Global Status Report on Road Safety (2015)
- U.S. Department of State travel advisory
- UK Government foreign travel advice
- Government of Canada travel advisory
- Australia Government travel advice