How it works:
- Forest fires: December to March
- Floods: rains throughout the year, may trigger floods, disrupt transportation and damage roads.
What to do:
- Travel at the “right” time to the “right” place
- Reacting to one:
- Forest fires: make yourself seen (e.g. spread out something large and bright), find shelter with little vegetation, stay low to avoid smoke.
- U.S. Department of State travel advisory
- UK Government foreign travel advice
- Government of Canada travel advisory
- Australia Government travel advice