How it works:
- Rainy season: late June to August, can trigger flooding and landslides.
- Typhoons: June to November.
- Earthquakes: there is some earthquake activity but less than in neighboring regions like Japan.
- Yellow dust pollution: March to May.
What to do:
- Travel at the “right” time to the “right” place
- Media reports, weather forecasts
- Korean Meteorological Administration
- World Meteorological Organization Severe Weather Information Centre
- Pacific Tsunami Warning Center
- Call 131 for weather forecast
- Reacting to one:
- Earthquakes: drop (to hands and knees), cover (head and neck with arms), hold on (to sturdy furniture); expect aftershocks.
- U.S. Department of State travel advisory
- UK Government foreign travel advice
- Government of Canada travel advisory
- Australia Government travel advice