How it works:
- Hurricanes: mid-May to November.
What to do:
- Travel at the “right” time to the “right” place
- Media reports, weather forecasts
- Active storm tracking and hurricane watches and warnings – United States’ National Hurricane Center
- Travelscams.org’s Travel Safety Monitor (TraSM) can track and alert you on natural disasters, severe weather and more so you don’t have to spend time tracking them. Click to learn more.
- Reacting to one:
- Hurricanes: stay indoors away from windows, do not use electrical appliances/equipment, do not head out and touch debris (more injuries/deaths happen after than during).