How it works:
- Several parts of the country (particularly north eastern) lie on active fault zones.
- Rainy season:
- June to October
- Causing flooding and rainslides
- September to December (east)
- April to June and September to December (Bay of Bengal)
What to do:
- Travel at the “right” time to the “right” place
- Reacting to one:
- Earthquakes: drop (to hands and knees), cover (head and neck with arms), hold on (to sturdy furniture); expect aftershocks.
- Cyclones: stay indoors away from windows, do not use electrical appliances/equipment, do not head out and touch debris (more injuries/deaths happen after than during).
- U.S. Department of State travel advisory
- UK Government foreign travel advice
- Government of Canada travel advisory
- Australia Government travel advice