How it works:
- Earthquakes: Cairo and Eastern Sinai located in an active seismic zone
- Sand and dust storms: March to May
What to do:
- Travel at the “right” time to the “right” place
- Reacting to one:
- Earthquakes: drop (to hands and knees), cover (head and neck with arms), hold on (to sturdy furniture; expect aftershocks.
- Sandstorm (on foot): wear a mask (or use shirt sleeve), cover eyes, seek shelter (building/landform/camel), high ground (if no lightning), don’t move through the storm.
- Sandstorm (in vehicle): if no visibility, pull off road, turn off headlines, brake lights and signals. Else, keep lights on, move slowly and sound horn periodically.
- U.S. Department of State travel advisory
- UK Government foreign travel advice
- Government of Canada travel advisory
- Australia Government travel advice