1. Book your hotel near a Skytrain station. Then use the Skytrain from the main airport to your hotel. It’s not complicated and there is help at the station.
2. Shop at malls near Skytrain Stations
3. Don’t engage in polite conversation with “helpful” people in the street
4. Use the ATMs inside and outside banks
5. Book your hotel directly with the hotel or something like Booking.com
6. Book train tickets at the official ticket counter.
7. Signs reading “Tourist Information” do not belong to the official tourist authority. They are just folks trying to sell you something.
8. Give the taxis and tuk-tuks a miss. Use Uber or the local alternative called Go Taxi (get the app).
9. Finally, shop at places with fixed prices. Haggling is not fun — and you will lose.
Thailand is a great place to visit if you use common sense. I have never felt unsafe there.