How it works:
- Situation: most food places are fine, it’s generally just a few bad eggs around touristy areas that spoil it for the rest.
- Set-up: advertising cheap rates, free pisco sours, but adding inflated surcharges that are not advertised or bills that don’t add up.
Places to beware:
- Please refer to the location tags above
What to do:
- Choose: reputable places (use food review apps like Rappi) and avoid those promoted by touts.
- Check: menu (prices, fine print), itemized bill, and do not eat what was not ordered.
- Alternative: GetYourGuide (leading day tours platform globally) has a couple of food tours.