How it works:
- Opening: also referred to as peperas, there are young women (age 14-25) who target men at bars and nightclubs by slipping a drug into your drink or make you lose consciousness.
- Set-up: she then offers to help you back to your hotel or take you to a secluded location and rob you.
Places to beware:
- Cusco: Plaza de Armas
- Lima: Miraflores, Barranco, Callede las pizzas next to Parque Kennedy
What to do:
- Do not accept drinks that you have not seen made in front of you. Do not leave it unattended.
- Canned or bottled drinks are recommended as it is more difficult for someone to put a sedative inside.