How it works:
- Version 1: you have two options – a tank-to-tank rental (pay for all gas and a slightly higher fixed charge) or a mileage based rental (low fixed charge but you have to pay for additional mileage).Even if you choose tank-to-tank rental, you can be charged additional mileage.
- Version 2: company holds your deposit indefinitely and may not even return it if you do not kick up a fuss.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Keep your contract, read all terms and conditions and check your credit card bill.
- If you find yourself overcharged, dispute the transaction through your bank and with your rental car provider.
- Engage a reliable provider through legitimate rental car platforms such as AutoEurope – over 60 years of industry experience.