How it works:
- Version 1: a crab seller offers you a crab leg claiming it is a free sample. He will keep forcing you to have more and you will be hit with an inflated bill.
- Version 2: there are massage touts as well who will simply squirt cream on you and then start massaging even if you were to say no. If you allow them to do so, they will begin throwing in additional services and then demand an inflated fee at the end.
- Version 3: there are also seafood sellers who carry trays of fresh fishes around. However, if you were to order, lousier quality fishes will be served.
Places to beware:
- Cartagena: Playa de Bocangrande
- Santa Marta: Playa Blanca
What to do:
- Decline firmly.