How it works:
- There had been cases of fly by night operators or operators whose businesses have already closed down but still collect payments for non-existent trips.
- There have also been complaints with transportation companies where the transport provided was not what was promised, arrived late or did not even arrive.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Offline operators: ask – is the operator licensed? Is there a website, office and working phone number? Are there real online reviews? What does the price cover – is it too cheap?
- Reputable operators: some reputable local names to consider include Stamp’s Tour, etc.
- platforms: GetYourGuide (leading day tour platform globally) also has many popular tours (e.g. Vina del Mar, Valparaiso and Casablanca Valley tour, Cajon del Maipo tour, etc).
- Paying: avoid paying in full upfront (unless reputable operator) or off the (online) platform.