How it works:
- Opening: before the entrance, there are locals posing as official guides who will latch onto you to give you an unsolicited tour.
- Set-up: after a few minutes, they will ask for an inflated tip for their “tour services” or ask for a donation to a non-existent orphanage.
Places to beware:
- Buenos Aires: Recoleta Cemetery
What to do:
- Decline – they are usually not worth the time or money. However, you can always test them for a minute before committing.
- Also, if you want to help, donate to established charities instead.