How it works:
- Version 1: fake pesos are of a different, cheap feeling material. The print is bad with faded colours. Further, watermark of face/animal can be seen without shining light behind the bill.
- Version 2: besides counterfeit Pesos, there are counterfeit USD/foreign currencies around too!
Places to beware:
- Anywhere (e.g. taxi drivers, shops)
What to do:
- Learn how to differentiate real from fakes. Check out http://landingpadba.com/ba-basics-counterfeit-money/ for detailed pictures.
- Only change currencies at proper money changing bureaus or at bank.