How it works:
- Situation: you may encounter timeshare salespeople at major theme parks – they will dress up to look like park staff.
- Opening: they approach, claim that a certain ride is down and ask if you would like to try out a scratch card and win a prize as “compensation”.
- Set-up: next, you obviously win, but to redeem the award, you have to head down to their office for a 90 minutes timeshare presentation where you will be subject to high pressure sales tactics.
- Prize: note that the free prize is basically a stay at the timeshare resort, and the onerous terms and conditions mean that it is not really “free”.
Places to beware:
- Gold Coast: Sea World, Movie World, Sea World, Dream World, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, The Oasis Shopping Centre, Cavill Mall
What to do: