How it works:
- Opening: at Surfers Paradise, you may encounter touts pushing different kinds of schemes and discounted tickets. One such is a high priced wristband claimed to allow free entry to all clubs at Surfers Paradise.
- Set-up: however, the price point is not the scam. The scam is that entry is free before 10pm anyway. After 10pm, there is no free entry even if you have the wristbrand.
Places to beware:
- Gold Coast: Surfers Paradise
What to do:
- Be very careful about the terms and conditions of schemes offered to you.
- A red flag is if the price drops by a large amount if you were to negotiate or to walk away.