How it works:
- There are fake parking attendants who will intercept you (and direct you to a side street) and charge you an inflated parking fee.
- You may or may not receive a parking ticket. Either way, it will be fake/used and if caught by the officials, you will be hit with a fine.
Places to beware:
- Austin: Circuit of the Americas
- Dallas: Dallas World Aquarium
- Las Vegas: Gold & Silver Pawn Shop
- Niagara Falls
- San Francisco: Alcatraz Island, Fisherman's Wharf
- Seattle: Pike Place Market
What to do:
- Decline. Pay at the official booth or parking meter.