How it works:
- Opening: well-dressed salespeople will approach and offer you a free gift or discounted tickets to tourist attractions. To redeem it, you have to attend a 90 minutes timeshare sales pitch.
- Set-up: there, you will be subject to high pressure sales techniques and possibly misleading claims.
- Prize: as for the free gift, there are onerous terms and conditions to redeeming it (e.g. a free resort stay, but having to eat every meal at the resort’s expensive restaurant).
Places to beware:
- Honolulu: Aloha Stadium Swap Meet & Marketplace
- Las Vegas: The Strip, Casino at Luxor Las Vegas, Fremont Street Experience, Gold & Silver Pawn Shop
- Orlando: Disney's Animal Kingdom, Orlando International Premium Outlets, ICON Orlando, The Florida Mall
- San Francisco: Fisherman's Wharf
- Seattle: Space Needle
What to do: