How it works:
- Their pricing system is tricky (e.g. hidden charges in extremely small font).
- This exists as legally, they can charge whatever they want, as long as it is stated on the card they show you.
- As such, you won’t know the final price till the end of your journey, which will be much more than what you initially expect.
- There have been cases of riders getting charged, $200, $500, even $720!
Places to beware:
- New York City: Central Park, Manhattan
- San Diego
What to do:
- Avoid unless for really short trips, or you can negotiate a flat fare.