How it works:
- Opening: escort cards are given out on the strip, with each showing a prostitute and a price.
- Scam 1: the price is meant to mislead. It is just an appearance fee for the prostitute to show up, anything else costs extra.
- Scam 2: prostitution is actually illegal. As such, fake names and photos are used.
- Scam 3: the “prostitute” who shows up may turn out to be a robber instead.
Places to beware:
- Las Vegas: Bellagio Fountains
What to do:
- Avoid such activity or head to the legal red light district.