How it works:
- Set-up: someone slips a fake pizza flyer under your hotel room door (usually done at night) and if you were to order through it, a few things can happen:
- Version 1: no pizza will be delivered or a sub-par pizza from an unlicensed shop is delivered.
- Version 2: your credit card details are then used or sold.
- Version 3: the one distributing fliers can check and steal from unlocked rooms as well.
Places to beware:
- Orlando: Walt Disney World Resort
What to do:
- Check the authenticity of the takeout menu with your hotel staff or review sites like TripAdvisor and avoid paying with your credit card.