How it works:
- Version 1: beggars who use drugged babies/toddlers claiming to be jobless and hungry. They work in shifts and pass the babies/toddlers around.
- Version 2: claiming to be robbed and needing money for transport to the hotel/police station.
- Version 3: someone claims to have won lots of money, but is accused by the casino of card counting and then thrown out. He asks if you can help him cash out his chips and he will share some with you, though you have to give him your wallet as collateral. Note: these are fake chips.
Places to beware:
- Boston: MBTA
- Chicago: Millennium Park, The Magnificent Mile
- Los Angeles: Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Las Vegas: The Strip, Fremont Street Experience
- New Orleans: French Quarters, Jackson Square, Bourbon Street
- New York City: Times Square
- Philadelphia: Liberty Bell Center
- San Francisco: Fisherman's Wharf, Oracle Park, Pier 39
- Seattle: Hiram M. Chittenden Locks
What to do: