How it works:
- Opening: after disembarking from a cruise ship or plane, you may encounter someone who claims to be able to help you skip the taxi queue.
- Set-up: what he will do, is to simply take you to a taxi near the end of the taxi line and then ask you for a tip. This is against the rules and the taxi queue usually moves quite quickly in these areas.
Places to beware:
- San Juan: Port of San Juan, Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport
What to do:
- Stick to the official taxi queue.
- Alternatively, you can also use taxi booking apps like Uber or day tour platforms like GetYourGuide (leading globally) which has two transport options.