How it works:
- Product swap: changing your product to a lower quality one/counterfeit after you have paid.
- Overcharging: not labeling prices; using rip off exchange rates.
- Fakes: selling fake electronics, silver, jewelry, artefacts.
- Tequila: giving you sample tequila shots and then pressuring you to buy overpriced fake bottles.
Places to beware:
- Cabo San Lucas
- Cancun: Mercado 28, La Isla Shopping Village
- Mexico city: Zocalo
- Playa del Carmen: Quinta Avenida
- Puerto Vallarta: Malecon Boardwalk
What to do:
- Negotiate a firm price and check your product after purchase.