How it works:
- Opening: a local approaches and tells you how she doesn’t have enough money to buy milk for her young child. She then asks if you can buy milk for them instead of giving them money.
- Set-up: when you go to the shop, the milk will be pre-packaged and waiting to be picked up. It will also cost a lot more than you were expecting. After you pay for the milk, it will be returned to the shop for money.
Places to beware:
- Havana: Old Havana, Old Square (Plaza Vieja), El Malecon, Callejon de Hamel, Central Park
- Holguin: Centre commercial
- Varadero: Convention Center Plaza America
What to do:
- Decline. If you want to help, donate to established charities instead.